Coronavirus help and support for our insurance customers

Complementary Therapists Insurance

Specialist liability cover for all types of professional practitioners to defend against claims made against you through your work.

  • Bespoke cover for your needs from as little as £103.80 per year*
  • No hidden fees or charges
  • Public liability, products liability and professional indemnity cover all in one place

Request a quote in just two minutes

Get a quote

Call our specialist team to see what they can do for you

0330 123 5810
0330 123 5810

Weekdays 8.30am - 5.30pm
Can’t get through right now? Request a callback

Feefo logo



Complimentary Therapist Insurance Features

Bespoke cover to fit your needs as a therapist

If you practice multiple forms of therapy, they can be incorporated into one policy, e.g. if you perform acupuncture and massage therapy you can have them both covered under one policy.

24 hour legal advice and health and wellbeing helpline

A dedicated legal helpline available 24 hours a day for individual policy holders. For non-legal matters, there is also a health and wellbeing helpline - just check your policy documents for the contact number.

Ability to practice abroad

As a complementary therapist, you may be able to work remotely and if you want to hop on a plane and work abroad, we can provide coverage. This coverage can extend to: a client’s property; a rented practice room; and even electronically, via the internet or the telephone.

All your liability cover in one place

When you buy your insurance through us, you'll be covered if one of your clients makes a legal claim against you accusing you of injuring them or that your products or products you sell have caused them harm. You'll also be covered if a client feels that the advice you've provided leads them to loss or injury.

£103.80 price terms and conditions

* Offer available for new customers only. Price based on our lowest level risk activities which include but are not limited to psychology, counselling, psychotherapy and massage therapy where a £1million limit of indemnity is selected for a sole trader. Underwriting and eligibility criteria will apply.

Price correct as at February 2020.

Complementary Therapists Insurance Claims

Our in-house care insurance claims team are on hand Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm to support you. If you have a more urgent concern, we offer a 24-hour helpline.

Need to make a claim?

Call us or email us with: your policy number; a phone number to reach you on; details of your claim; and photos where possible and relevant.

0330 123 5921

Complementary Therapists Insurance Articles & Guides

Get tips and advice from our industry experts about your complementary therapy business.

Liability Infographic Final News Header


Liability Insurance: An Infographic Guide

If you're a business owner, the likelihood is you'll need some liability insurance. Our infographic explains why it's so important to get covered and the circumstances in which you'll need public, professional, employers, product and director's and officer's liability insurance.

Soc Med Image


Social Media for Small Business: A Guide

If you’re reading this, you already know the importance of the Internet for a business! More than ever, the Web, and social media in particular, is becoming the marketplace – so how can your small business make the most of social media? Let’s take some of the `mystery out of it with our guide to social media.

Complementary Therapists Insurance FAQs

What kind of complementary therapies do you provide coverage for?

We are able to cover therapists across a wide range of activities, including:

  • Aromatherapy
  • Acupuncture
  • Homeopathy
  • Massage therapies
  • Reflexology
Can I be covered for multiple forms of complementary therapy?

If you would like other types of work to be included in your policy, please specify these when you speak to an agent.

Can you cover therapy businesses?

Yes, we can cover therapy businesses as well as sole practitioners.

Do your policies have an age limit?

No, our policy enables you to treat all ages, from babies to centenarians.

What is the difference between employers’, public and professional liability and do I need any of them?

Which you need depends very much on the specificities of your business. Employers’ liability insurance is necessary if you employ other staff as part of your company – so if you’re a sole trader, you don’t need to worry about this one. Public liability insurance protects you against accidents that may happen, implicating a client or member of the public. This includes accidents ranging from something as small as a spilt drink over a piece of equipment, to serious bodily injury. Professional liability insurance is broader coverage which usually includes: public liability, products liability, professional indemnity, and libel and slander.

What other covers should I have?

If you provide advice to your clients at a fee, you may need professional indemnity insurance. Cover is available from between £100,000 and £3,000,000 - but remember to ensure that all your staff are covered by your policy. If you work from home, you may need home business insurance.

What payment options are available?

Please see our page on direct debit payments if you’re interested in paying by instalments.

What type of business are you?

Request a callback

Full name   Contact number     Email address     Please note: This service operates only during office hours.