Landlord Insurance

Mastercover specialises in providing landlords and their tenants with a landlord insurance policy that suits them. We’ll ask the right questions to find the coverage you need, at a price that works for all parties.

Compare landlord insurance policies from the UK’s top providers

When you rent out your property, there are a number of additional risks that need to be considered for your insurance, and these might not be considered in a standard home insurance policy. Landlord insurance is a cover-all option for landlords who rent out their property, providing protection for your tenants and your building in a single policy. It is available for both professional landlords and those who rent out their property as a way of supplementing their income.

Mastercover understands that as a landlord, you have a to-do list as long as your arm. We’re here to take the hassle out of finding the perfect landlord insurance policy by doing all the hard work for you. We’ll contact insurers on your behalf to get competitively priced quotes. Our team will then walk you through the options to find a policy that benefits you.

What does my policy include?

When searching for a landlord insurance policy, there are a few things you should keep in mind:

  • Public liability and property owner’s liability cover
  • Alternative accommodation costs
  • Loss of rent cover
  • Glass and lock replacement
  • Contents insurance
  • Legal expenses cover  

Do I need separate contents insurance?

Generally, your tenants will be held responsible for organising their own contents insurance for any belongings they keep in the property. If your property comes furnished, however, it is your responsibility to take out a landlord contents insurance policy for your own items, as well as furnishings and fittings.